Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good news

So during my last few trips to the doctor, my blood pressure has been consistently high. Last week, my doctor was afraid of the possibility that I could be developing preeclampsia (aka toxemia). The only cure for toxemia is to deliver the baby, which we don't think Madeline is quite ready for yet! To take precaution, he had me take a few tests. My results came in yesterday and they looked good! My blood pressure is still significantly high and I have begun to swell (which are both symptoms of toxemia) so he wants to continue to monitor me closely. I'm going to begin taking the same tests weekly and he's also asked that I cut back on my hours at work. I'm going to try my hardest to take it easy and get my blood pressure down. Please say some prayers that it works and that we can hold off on delivery as long as possible!!

We also had Mama's 90th Surprise Birthday Party this past weekend. She had a blast and is the most beautiful 90-year old I've ever seen. She continues to live each day to the fullest and still loves to laugh! She is admired by many! Her party pics are posted in the photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment